Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Found my ipod! :)


I had a few hectic days recently as I thought I had lost my itouch but with much relief discovered that I had left it behind at home for our weekend away skiing!
Thank goodness! (although I did manage to survive) :)

In general, I'm having trouble maintaining all my places on the web, as they just seem to continue to grow and the balance between work and life seems to be blending in together at a terrible rate!

So, abandoning my blog postings in draft form, I thought I'd jump back in and carry on with the abridged version of my meanderings and try to get back to blogging ...or get the url off my website...one of the two shall win!

I think it's basically an audience issue for me with blogging...although I love to use blogs with my students as a way to bring an authentic audience to their writing, I am preferring to use wikis in the kind of work I'm doing lately with teachers. There is also the issue of the kind of blogs and wikis that our Board can host, which presently don't live up to the host services like Blogger, Blogmeister, Wikispaces or PBWiki, so I'm forced to go 'under the radar' a bit for the time being...if you know what I mean.


Hearing Sir Ken Robinson was such a highlight for me this fall at the CODE conference in Toronto, and the ECOO Conference was awesome as well! I've decided to Chair the conference for ECOO's 30th year in Nov. 09, so this is taking up a fair chunk of my time at the moment. I'm pretty excited about this chance to work with an awesome committee of great people to create something memorable and useful to teachers!

I'm looking forward to attending the ETFO/ECOO event with Will Richardson on the weekend http://www.teachingmatters.on.ca.

0 comments: